Parents are the first educators of their children. Their relationship to the school must empower them to fulfill this primary role. Parents who choose Community of Peace Academy pledge to support the education of their child(ren), in full partnership with teachers and staff, within a community where peace and nonviolence are practiced by all.
Opportunities for parental involvement at Community of Peace Academy are plentiful and varied, including but not limited to:
- Volunteering in a classroom
- Chaperoning a field trip
- Participating in Parent Nights and other evening Parent events
- Attending Fall and Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Attending Fall and Spring Programs
- Participating on the Family Engagement Committee
- Serving as a Parent Member of the Board of Directors
For more information about how to be involved, contact Sadie Fischer, Community Engagement Specialist, at 651-280-4564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.