Dear Community of Peace Academy Families,
With winter break starting next week, we want to thank you for all you have done to support your students’ learning during what has been another challenging year. I hope that you and your family are able to spend some time together and enjoy this two-week break.
I would also like to encourage students and families to take precautions when gathering with loved ones during winter break as COVID-19 case rates remain high across Minnesota. You can protect yourself and the health of others around you by following these guidelines:
- Get vaccinated: All Minnesota residents ages 5 and older are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. The CDC recommends that everyone who can get vaccinated should do so as soon as possible. Students who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine if they are identified as a close contact and do not have any symptoms. Visit ramseycounty.us/COVIDvaccine or mn.gov/vaccine for information about vaccines for kids and adults, and boosters for all who are eligible.
We will continue to have vaccination clinics at CPA every 3 weeks. Our next scheduled clinic is January 3rd.
- Wear a mask in crowded settings and socially distance where possible, especially when getting together with people from multiple households.
- Travel with caution: Review the CDC’s tips for safer travel if you are considering traveling and avoid crowded settings before gathering with people from other households.
- Get tested before gatherings. Free tests are available at Minnesota community testing sites and through the state’s at-home testing program.
- Stay home if you have symptoms or test positive. If your child tests positive, please
notify our school nurse by emailing her at email@example.com.
Thank you again for all you are doing to keep your family and those around you safe and healthy. Have a wonderful winter break and we look forward to seeing your students back at school on January 3, 2022.
Tim McGowan, Executive Director
Judy Thompson, School Nurse