Tech Support For Students
- Supply a grade level appropriate technology device for student use outside of school if one is needed.
- Supply family on-boarding support in the form of instructions on the use of those devices.
- Supply tech support troubleshooting to the family and, if it is determined by the tech department, a device exchange if it is not meeting the student’s needs and cannot be remedied remotely.
- Should we not be able to support the use of our tech equipment for distance learning, we commit to finding another way to serve the student’s academic needs.
If a piece of equipment is checked out to a student or family to use off of school grounds, they are agreeing to the following:
- Keep the device free of stickers, marking, and irreversible personalization attempts.
- Use the device in a careful and responsible manner.
- The family assumes responsibility for supervising the use of the device at home, following the district acceptable use policy.
- Return the device to your classroom teacher at the end of the school year, or whenever a student’s last day at CPA is if the student withdraws before the end of the year.
- Contact your teacher or the school’s technology department in a timely manner should a problem arise with the device.
- Be aware that the device is, at all times, the property of Community of Peace Academy, and the family shall have no right, title or interests beyond those set out in this policy.
- Produce the device when requested by CPA for the purposes of maintenance, upgrades, exchanges, repairs, troubleshooting or as the school deems necessary.
Families take full responsibility for any repair or damage to district owned mobile devices while in their care. This includes any damage due to misuse, theft, accidental damage including screen repairs, liquid damage, or any deliberate damage or damage that happened because of negligent use as determined by Community of Peace Academy. Should a family be unable to pay the full cost of replacing a damaged or lost device, CPA administration will work with a family to make a plan that meets both the family’s needs and means and the school’s needs. In the meantime, if the student needs a new device a family may get a replacement device by putting down a deposit on the new device. When the new device is returned at the end of the year or when the student withdraws from Community of Peace Academy, that deposit will be returned, or can be used at that time towards the assessed cost of replacing or repairing the original device. Deposits for replacement devices are as follows: Chargers: $10 Ipad/chromebook/laptop: $50