CPA COVID-19 Info
This page is the central location for all information related to CPA during the COVID-19 event. This page and the pages linked to it will be updated as necessary with the most current news, information and resources we have available.
CPA uses SchoolMessenger, an email and text messaging service that allows us to keep parents and guardians informed of important school information and alerts. Subscribing to SchoolMessenger with your smart phone is simple, and takes only a few seconds to complete. Simply text subscribe to the number 68453. You’ll know you were successful if you receive a confirmation message from SchoolMessenger. You can manage your SchoolMessenger account by visiting their web site and creating a log in. A SchoolMessenger app for your smart phone is also available. In order to receive SchoolMessenger text and email messages, CPA must have your mobile number and email address listed in our database. To update your mobile number and/or email address, or to confirm that we have your correct number and/or email address, call the Main Office at 651-280-4604 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, CPA does not charge you for this service. However, we encourage families to check with their wireless carrier about charges that may be incurred for sending or receiving text messages.
Support CPA Families
The COVID-19 global pandemic has changed many aspects of daily life for all of us. We are all making sacrifices and coping with the continuously changing situation in which we find ourselves. For many students and families from Community of Peace Academy, the cancellation of school comes with another very scary change–limited access to nutritious food. As you may be aware, CPA has what we call our Angel Fund–money given by donors to assist our students in times of financial crisis. Right now, we are collecting donations for our Angel Fund that we can use to help provide nutrition support for our students and their families who are struggling with food shortages. If you would like to make a contribution to CPA’s Angel Fund, you can do so through our donation page. Additionally, please spreading the word to people in your life who may be looking for a way to help others during this global crisis. We thank you for your support in helping our students and their families have the nutritious food they need. Donate Now!
Nutrition Services served 68,000 meals to Saint Paul families last week! Some changes are being made in order to serve even more families this week. Please visit the COVID-19 meal page for full details. This week, a few changes are being made to the meal service:
- School meal pickup will be at six schools only, on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, from 10-11:30 a.m. (or until all food is handed out)
- The six schools are: Battle Creek Middle School, Cherokee Heights Elementary, Como Park Senior High School, Harding Senior High School, Highland Park Senior High School and Johnson Senior High School. You may pick up meals at any of these locations starting Wednesday, 3/25.
- Buses will continue to deliver meals on their regular morning routes: Wednesday for 7:30 schools, Thursday for 8:30 schools and Friday for 9:30 schools.
- Changes are being made to increase the number of meal boxes available.
- Please practice social distancing when picking up meals.
Sheridan Story is Partnering with YMCA’s to Make Food Available to Families
Distance Learning Plan
Community of Peace Academy uses Distance Learning Days as a way to provide students with access to meaningful, high-quality learning and daily interaction with their teachers, using a variety of digital platforms and communication formats. Elementary School (Grades PreK – 4) Middle School (Grades 5-8) High School (Grades 9-12) Special Education ELD Attendance
Some internet providers are offering free internet at this time:
- Xfinity: WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, Visit www.xfinity.com/wifi.
- Comcast: In response to emergency measures associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19), New “Internet Essentials” customers will receive two months of free service. After the free first two months, the service is $9.95 a month. Click here for more details or call 855-846-8376.
- Charter: Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. Visit the web site here.
How do I connect to an Xfinity or Comcast wifi network? Click here for a guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will there be Spring Break?
- A: Spring Break will happen for CPA as planned from March 30th – April 3rd.
- Q: When will CPA reopen?
- A: The Governor has declared that schools remain closed until May 5th , but this may be extended if needed.