Distance Learning Plan – High School (Grades 9 – 12)
High School students will be learning through Google Classroom.
- Login to Google Classroom each day.
- Check for new assignments each day for each class.
- Complete assignments for each class by the due date.
- Communicate with your teachers through Google Classroom or gmail if you have questions.
- Take care of the laptop you are using that belongs to the school.
- Check in with your child to make sure they can log in to Google Classroom.
- Help your child as needed.
- Contact the teacher with any questions.
- Make sure your child completes their work.
- Email your child’s 2nd Period teacher if your child is sick or unable to do the work for the day.
- Help your child take care of the school laptop.
- Post daily assignments on Google Classroom.
- Submit daily attendance.
- Be available to students and families with office hours as determined by each teacher via email, phone call or Google Classroom.
- Credit: A student will receive “Credit” for a course during Distance Learning if they have demonstrated that they have made an effort to participate in Distance Learning.
- No Credit: A student will receive “No Credit” for a course during distance learning if staff have been unable to connect with student(s) to document that students tried to do any learning through devices, phone/email check-in, and/or paper packets.
- Unweighted: This grading format will not be weighted and will not impact a student’s grade point average (GPA).
NOTE: High school students who receive a “No Credit” will be eligible to participate in credit recovery and earn a “Credit” through Alternative Learning Centers (ALC) and/or Summer School options through Saint Paul Public Schools.