Distance Learning Plan – Elementary School (Grades PreK – 4)
PreKindergarten through 3rd Grade students will be learning through the Seesaw app. Fourth Grade students will be learning through Google Classroom.
- Login to Seesaw (PreK-Gr. 3) or Google Classroom (Gr. 4) each school day.
- Check Seesaw (PreK-Gr. 3) or Google Classroom (Gr. 4) each day for any activities teachers assign.
- Do your best to complete activities from teachers and will post work in Seesaw (PreK-Gr. 3) or Google Classroom (Gr. 4).
- Communicate with teachers through Seesaw (PreK-Gr. 3) or Google Classroom (Gr. 4) if you need help.
- Ask my family to help me with activities if you need help.
- Take care of any device (laptop or iPad) that you are using from our school.
- Help your child log-in to Seesaw (PreK-Gr. 3) or Google Classroom (Gr. 4) each school day if needed.
- Help my child with learning activities if they need help.
- Email the teacher with any questions about the activities.
- Make sure your child completes their activities.
- Email your child’s teacher if your child is sick or unable to do the daily work.
- Help my child take care of any device (laptop or iPad) they are using that belongs to the school.
- New activities and assignments are posted everyday Monday-Friday and students should be logging in to Seesaw or Google Classroom everyday.
- Teachers take attendance everyday at 9:00AM for the previous day. For example, Tuesday attendance is taken at 9:00AM Wednesday. At that time, if a student had not participated in any of Tuesday’s activities, they are marked absent for Tuesday. If your student cannot participate in a day’s
learning activities, you need to contact your child’s teacher.
- If your student is absent on a Distance Learning Day, their attendance will be marked as Unexcused. It is the responsibility of the student’s parent/guardian to request that absences are excused through communication with the student’s teacher or our liaisons: Spanish (espanol): Luis Regalado @ 651-289-3742 or Hmong (hais lus hmoob): MaiKao Lee @ 651-280-4545.
- Post daily assignments to Seesaw or Google Classroom by 8:00 AM.
- Take and submit daily attendance.
- Be available to students and families during regular school hours (7:30am-3:00pm) by phone, email or online platform (Seesaw and Google Classroom).
- There will be no Grades or Semester 2 Report Cards for the last half of the 2019/2020 school year
- Each student will receive a Quarter 4 Progress Report
- Purpose of Quarter 4 Progress Reports: Communicate student progress and achievement levels with families & mentors in a way that is clear and helps families understand their child’s areas of strength and areas for development against grade-level standards and benchmarks of development while “holding all children harmless.”
- For each subject area teachers will share:
- Strengths and areas of demonstrated growth for each student
- Areas for improvement for each student
- If a student receives a “NE” that means not evaluated because insufficient work was submitted
- Direct classroom questions about assignments, including Seesaw and Google Classroom, to the classroom teacher by email or phone call.
- Technology problems? Start troubleshooting here: Distance Learning Documents PreK-3rd Distance Learning Documents 4th Grade.
- Still having problems? Send an email or a text to email@example.com.
- Principal: Molly Huml @ 651-280-4579